|David showing us how to roll a bale of hay|
Other news from the farm:
1. We have the goats grazing in an electric fence area. We had to contain them because they just couldn't stay away from our veggies! They're getting used to it and are happier in the fence than being cooped up all day.
2. The lilies have bloomed! They add beautiful colors to the farm.
3. The pigs are loving their muddy pig pen. I found them munching happily away on some freshly harvested weeds.
4. Our third CSA pickup was today. We're having a blast interacting with our CSA members and are excited to share the bounty. Today we had assorted greens, herbs (cilantro, sage, dill, basil, mint), onions, jalapeño peppers, kale, and kohlrabi to send home with our members.
5. The chickens are enjoying their freedom from the coop. They get to graze freely during the day and we're encouraging them to eat the potato beetle larvae off the potato plants. They sort of pay attention to this...
6. This is a shot of fresh produce from our farm (onions, kohlrabi, garlic scapes).